Wandro & Associates, P.C. welcomes David Swinton as an Associate Attorney!
David has more than 30 years of experience in a wide variety of commercial litigation, including contract, business tort, insurance, fiduciary, estate, employment and ERISA cases, as well as counseling clients on non-litigation matters in those subject areas. He has experience in state and federal courts in Iowa and Colorado, as well as in the Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit and the United States Supreme Court. He is recognized for his work in commercial litigation by Benchmark Litigation, Best Lawyers in America, Chambers USA and Super Lawyers, and is rated “AV Preeminent, 5.0 out of 5” by Martindale.com.
David is committed to early and ongoing case evaluation and excellent client communication with the goal of achieving the best outcome for the client at a reasonable cost.
- State of Colorado (1981)
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- State of Iowa (1984)
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Iowa
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Iowa
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- University of Iowa, B.A. in journalism with honors and with high distinction, Phi Beta Kappa (1977)
- Duke University School of Law, J.D. with distinction (1981)
- Wandro & Associates, Des Moines, Iowa (2015-present)
- Belin McCormick, Des Moines, Iowa (2005-2014)
- Ahlers & Cooney, Des Moines, Iowa (1984-2004)
- Sherman & Howard, Denver, Colorado (1981-1983)