Stefanie Thomas is a fierce advocate. Whether helping a client with family law issues, resolving a personal injury matter or devising a plan of action in complex litigation, she focuses on ensuring the best outcome possible for her clients. Stef understands that legal matters can be extremely stressful for her clients, so she works to alleviate as much of the stress as possible. “The most rewarding part of my profession is knowing that day in and day out I help my clients resolve complex legal issues that are impacting their lives,” Stef says. “I pride myself in anticipating roadblocks and coming up with creative, effective and appropriate solutions to my clients’ problems.”
Stef joined Wandro after her graduation from Drake University Law School. While at Drake, she was managing editor of Drake Law Review. Her article, “Weeding the Garden: Finding a Solution to ‘Garden Variety’ Emotional Distress Claims and Discovery Issues," was published in Volume 62, Issue 2 of Drake Law Review. Stef also interned with Representative Chip Baltimore, the Chair of the Iowa House Judiciary Committee, and with Justice Edward Mansfield of the Iowa Supreme Court during her time at Drake. Prior to joining Wandro, Stef clerked at LaMarca & Landry, P.C. in Des Moines where she focused primarily on personal injury and complex litigation.
- State of Iowa (2014)
- Drake University Law School, Juris Doctor, with honors, 2014
- University of Iowa, Bachelor of Science in Political Science with an emphasis in International Relations; Bachelor of Arts in International Studies with an emphasis in the Middle East and Muslim World; Minor in Spanish, 2008
Memberships and Activities
- American Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Polk County Bar Association
- Managing Editor, Drake Law Review (2013-2014)
- Junior Staff, Drake Law Review (2012-2013)
- Drake Law Women
- Delta Theta Phi Law Fraternity
- “Weeding the Garden: Finding a Solution to ‘Garden Variety’, Emotional Distress Claims and Discovery Issues” Drake Law Review, Volume 62, Issue 2, 2014.