Put Our Experience to Work for You
Founded in 1996, Wandro & Associates, P.C., is a full-service litigation law firm in Des Moines, Iowa. Over the past fifteen years, our firm has participated in some of the largest and most significant litigation in Iowa. From complex contract, business, product liability and personal injury cases to family law, criminal law and estate matters, we are ready to put our experience to work for you.
Our clients come first. “I’ve always looked at the law as a higher calling. I believe the whole reason lawyers exist is to help people,” says founder Steve Wandro. “That’s what it’s all about.” Under Steve’s leadership, the firm has a distinctly collegial and team-centered approach to advocacy. We are results-oriented and committed to achieving the best outcome possible in every case. This means working hand-in-hand with our clients so that we understand the intricacies of each case and paying close attention to how it affects their day-to-day life. It also means working together. Our attorneys draw on each other’s experiences and strengths in order to serve each client efficiently and productively.
Our firm possesses sophisticated legal skills and the resources necessary for handling a variety of cases, from small claims actions to large, complex cases. We take great pride in the results we have obtained for our clients.
We are proud to provide outstanding legal counsel and dedicated representation on behalf of our clients, including the following examples.
ACQUIRING SIGNIFICANT SUMS FOR INJURIES:
- Assisting the Iowa Attorney General in obtaining a $2 billion settlement against the tobacco industry.
- Securing a $21 million dollar class action settlement on behalf of Iowa cooperatives in an antitrust case against feed supplement manufacturers.
- Achieving a significant settlement on behalf of 1,000 Iowa farmers against an ag-chemical manufacturer.
- Negotiating significant settlements for patients using defective diet and anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Securing a more than $20 million settlement for Iowa users of livestock vitamins against vitamin manufactures in a restraint of trade case.
- Securing a $2.5 million dollar settlement for elderly tenants suffering from bed-bug infestation.
CHAMPIONING OUR CLIENTS’ CAUSES:
- Serving as local counsel for notable national firms in obtaining multi-million dollar settlements in foodborne illness cases and personal injury cases.
- Obtaining an $11 million judgment for an ethanol cooperative against fraudulent investment bankers.
- Successfully prosecuting a will contest and then successfully defending the win on appeal.
- Representing winning presidential campaign regarding Iowa election law.
PROTECTING OUR CLIENTS’ RIGHTS:
- Successfully defending over 200 farmers facing $30 million in claims involving hedge to arrive commodity contracts.
- Successfully obtaining discharges for debtors in the two largest individual bankruptcies ever filed in the history of the State of Iowa.
- Successfully defending clients against adversary proceedings in bankruptcy to protect their rights to discharge of debts.
- Obtaining a winning verdict in defending an employer in a wrongful termination case.
- Obtaining dismissal of Class B felony for a client facing 25 years in prison.
MAKING DEALS HAPPEN:
- Repeatedly representing businesses in million dollar real estate transactions.
- Representing seller in sale of business of large hog production and distribution network.
- Representing numerous large developers in business transactions and disputes.
- Negotiating favorable contract terms for businesses.
These case results do not guarantee or predict the same result in your case. Results may vary. Every case is different and has its own merits or weaknesses that must be evaluated by an attorney.