Choosing an attorney means trusting someone else to be your voice. Kara Simons wants to speak on your behalf. She understands legal language and is an effective, clear communicator. She also knows that being a good advocate starts with being a good listener.
“Even if two clients face similar problems, their goals may be completely different,” Kara says. “Finding out what clients want and what they personally prioritize is critical to representing them well.” Armed with her well-honed research and writing skills, she works in harmony with her clients to arrive at the best resolution possible.
Kara joined Wandro & Associates P.C. in 2008 as the financial crisis began to take its toll on area businesses and developers. Working closely with Steve Wandro, she helped manage the fallout of this crisis for such clients and foster their rehabilitation through settlement, foreclosure and bankruptcy. Today she maintains a general practice including civil litigation, particularly debtor-creditor relations, business law, adversary proceedings in bankruptcy and more. Her main focus is on appellate advocacy. She enjoys the challenge of compiling facts and law to get to the heart of the matter and strives to present her clients’ cases in a forthright, compelling manner.
- State of Iowa (2008)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Iowa
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Iowa
- University of Iowa College of Law, Juris Doctor, with distinction, 2008
- South Dakota State University, Bachelor of Arts in Journalism (News-Editorial), minors in French and Political Science, 2003. Overall GPA: 4.00 on a 4.00 scale.
Memberships and Activities
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Polk County Bar Association
- Former coach for Iowa Middle School Mock Trial