Licensed to practice law in both Iowa and Illinois, Alison’s practice focuses on complex civil litigation, particularly in the areas of complex contract law, commercial law, administrative law, wrongful death law, personal injury law, and immigration law.
Whether working with a team of attorneys or leading the case, Alison has a track record of success. As a trial attorney, Alison's recent victories include:
- Won a $2.4 million-dollar judgment for a Northeastern Iowa church.
- Successfully defended multiple motions for summary judgment in several complex civil disputes.
- Overturning Medicaid-MCO decisions to ensure clients having access to the healthcare they deserve.
In addition to guiding her clients through courtroom disputes, Alison has gained favorable outcomes for her clients by resolving disputes at their early stages through dismissal or settlement. She is adept at assessing risk and developing strategize to minimize any risk presented. Alison has obtained favorable results through both motion practice and mediation. Examples include:
- Defending and settling multiple cases for small percentages of what was originally demanded;
- Successfully briefing and arguing numerous motions related to legal issues encountered at the outset of litigation, including administrative law and civil procedure issues.
- Successfully guiding multiple Iowa school districts through mediation and gaining a favorable settlement amount prior to proceeding to trial.
Alison was born and raised in the Washington D.C. area, although her father is an Iowa native. She graduated from Rollins College in Winter Park, Florida. Between college and law school, Alison served as an Environmental Education volunteer in the United States Peace Corps in Peru. At the University of Iowa College of Law, Alison served as an Articles Editor for the Journal of Corporation Law and published an article discussing the complexities of holding corporations liable for their actions overseas. She served on the Appellate Advocacy Board and graduated with Boyd Service honors after spending many hours volunteering at the local food bank and writing and producing a Know Your Rights Manual for detained immigrants in the state of Iowa. After law school, Alison joined Wandro & Associates as an Associate Attorney.
Alison cares deeply about her clients and is committed to guiding them through every step of what can be an intimidating and costly process. Alison is bilingual in English and Spanish and enjoys spending time with her friends, family, and her adopted Peruvian dog, Moose.
- State of Illinois (2016)
- State of Iowa (2017)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Iowa
- University of Iowa College of Law, Juris Doctor (2016)
- Rollins College, Bachelor of Arts in History and Music (2010)
Memberships and Activities
- Iowa State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association